SPTel is looking for a professional and creative Software engineer to be part of our OSS team to support systems within SPTel SDN based Network. The candidate should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies in a Dev/Ops environment with telecommunication background, we’d like to meet you.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in software development, system administration, deployment automation, quality assurance, and monitoring and maintaining large scale, mission critical services within a communication service provider with various underlying dependencies.
- To manage and configure, enhance the SPTel Fault Management system i.e. Nokia eSOC Components AOR, NPM, SURE
- Interact with other teams in order assess new opportunities and participate in requirements gathering
- Solution analysis and effort estimate for the requests
- Low level design for the applications
- Development for the requests and bug fixing on the existing applications
- Provide work instructions and improvements of the processes
- Management and implementation of new automatic scripts and applications
- Verify and implement configuration changes at the request of the customer or when is needed for performance reasons
- Coordinate and work together with other teams such as: 2nd line of support, 1st level support, Testing
- Installation, tuning and troubleshooting of complex software applications
- Must be familiar with Telcom Service Assurance processes.
- Experience in at least one of the major with Telecom Fault Management solution such as NetAct or Netcool etc.
- Work experience gained in companies and projects in telecommunications service delivery and operations.
- Familiar with handling FCAPS (Fault, Configuration , Accounting , Performance and Security) Concepts.
- Knowledge of IP based network – IP back-hauling and IP networking
- Knowledge of functionality of Network Monitoring System
- Standard fault-finding (troubleshooting) techniques
- Knowledge of alarm types, resolution and remedy SLAs and escalation matrix
- Good experience in SQL/PLSQL.
- Good understanding of database concepts, including language constructs, database versus table versus column, triggers etc.
- Good communication skill and ownership.
- Familiar with Apache Nifi, SNMP, JMS, SSH/SFTP.
- Familiar with network telemetry concepts such as gRPC
- Knowledge operations, configuration of Nokia eSOC (AOR, NPM, SURE) will be a plus.
- Knowledge in NetFlow will be an advantage