SPTel is a joint venture between ST Engineering and SP Group and since 2017, SPTel has embarked on a journey to transform the business from a passive infrastructure leasing company into an advance digital services provider. Since then, SPTel has launched several key services into the market such as Software Defined Network (SDN), IOTaaS, Edge Computing, Managed Services and Enterprise Mobility.
- Handling events such as identifying security issues, extensive troubleshooting, and coordinating resolution or restoration using a variety of applications and testing tools. The events can include hardware/software failures as well as security breaches, threats, or network connectivity issues.
- Professionally and courteously answer inbound security-related calls and provide customers with the best possible customer service and experience, create tickets, fill out necessary checklist paperwork, generate trouble tickets for all work and informational requests, handle security-related user complaints, and escalate according to establish procedures / runbooks / playbooks.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with stakeholders to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Keep abreast of the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches.
- Responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect a network
- Provide technical support for an on call 24x7x365 basis (based on shift roster).
- Creating, testing and implementing network disaster recovery plans
- Performing risk assessments and testing of data processing systems
- Installing firewalls, data encryption and other security measures
- Recommending security enhancements
- Collaborate for Security Network Planning with Engineering Team in formulating the designs and plans for network implementation
- Hands on and in-charge of implementation for Security infrastructure nodes including Firewalls, DDOS solution, IDS/IPS and scanning tools
- Perform on-site and off-site testing and commissioning for security network implementation and service activations
- Manage the security appliance (Firewalls, DDOS, Vulnerability Scanner) through Network Management Systems and Controllers
- Perform standby duties
- Experience managing network & security tools in an enterprise environment that include firewall, IPS/IPS, assessment, and scanning tools
- Strong understanding of networking technologies (routers, switches, TCP/IP)
- Experience with different platform technologies (Windows, Linux, VMware, MacOS)
- Experience with security technologies (IDS, IPS, FW, AV, Proxies, DLP, PKI, SSL/TLS, SSL visibility, VPN)
- Strong knowledge in Security network. With at least 3-5 years’ experience in administration, planning, implementation or operation of Security Design
- Knowledge of IP (L2/L3) network. With at least 3-5 years’ experience in planning, implementation or operation of IP network
- Security certifications such as CISSP or equivalent will be preferred.