SPTel is a joint venture between ST Engineering and SP Group and since 2017, SPTel has embarked on a journey to transform the business from a passive infrastructure leasing company into an advance digital services provider. Since then, SPTel has launched several key services into the market such as Software Defined Network (SDN), IOTaaS, Edge Computing, Managed Services and Enterprise Mobility.
- Design and expand DWDM and GPON network to support mobile and enterprise demand.
- Safeguard DWDM and GPON infrastrucure from hitting congestion threshold via proper traffic capacity planning and control.
- Review deployed network with other team on High Level Design/ Low Level Design and propose/implement changes.
- Review and design on network redundancy protection against single point of failure.
- Collaborate with Technical, Strategy and Planning (TSP) team to conduct proof of concept and interoperability, device compatibility, product verification and new technology trial.
- Manage and track project progress of the vendors to ensure Ready For Service status is achieved ahead of schedule.
- Perform change and implementation for projects.
- Support Enterprise CPE connectivity service design and configurations that interface with DWDM, GPON and IP network
- Interface to other departments as PIC to consult for integration works with other elements.
- Knowledge in Transmission network (DWDM, GPON)
- Knowledge in Transport and Core Architecture
- Basic knowledge in IP Routing & Switching
- Knowledge and background with AC and DC power systems, fiber optic transmission
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications standards including Telcordia, ANSI, and ITU.
- Knowledge and experience in Python or other scripting language or automation framework like Ansible for NetDevOps use cases will be a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Systems like Linux OS, Docker Containers, Kubernetes for NetDevOps support will be a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or Electronic Engineering or similar
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply