Responsible for the day-to-day facilities operations including maintaining uptime and operations of facilities to meet business needs. The candidate is also required to support and deliver the implementation of any SPTel network and services that utilized the SPTel facilities:
- To get the space and power needed for the set-up of SPTel network such as the Data Center Interconnect network that house the Dark Fibre and high speed service from Data Center to Data Centre in a point to point manner or point to multi=point manner, IP Network that house the metro-ethernet servicing, Projects such as Project Nova
- Manage the maintenance and daily operations of SPTel’s data center and network node facilities with the objective of achieving uninterrupted availability at all time and to ensure the fulfilment of our service commitment to customers.
- To perform routine facilities activities such as critical system checks and functional testing. Ability to respond and take actions in response to facilities crisis management activities including power outages, fire alarms, HVAC outages.
- To get all relevant approvals and documentation done for the above and subsequently managing the request of access for additional new work or upgrade work and checking if the relevant colleagues or Telco conform to the house rule/SOP.
- To manage the access request from relevant colleagues and Telcos observing all security clearance and SOPs for the use of SP facilities which are under SPTel responsibility.
- Assist in all sites construction activities and installation, in coordination with external contractors to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operation standard.
- Maintain compliance with local workplace safety & health (WHS) standards and local electrical codes.
- Ensure adherence to all standard operating procedure (SOP) and method of procedures (MOP)
- Participate in the scheduling, coordination and completion all significant planned and emergency maintenance events for the facilities. Ensuring activities are executed in a controlled and proven method.
- To get the space and power needed including documentation and approval for SP Tel network requirement and co-location service.
- Provide escort to 3rd parties for access into SP Substation.
- Perform standby duty so that SP Tel could meet the committed SLAs for the various services.
- Perform task assigned by the line supervisor in charge.
- Min 3 years experience in the relevant field.
- Fresh Diploma Holders who are keen in the telco industry are also welcome to apply.
- General technical and functional knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of people
- Ability to plan and organize ones work to meet target set
- Strong team player and capable in promoting positive peer engagement