SPTel is a joint venture between ST Engineering and SP Group and since 2017, SPTel has embarked on a journey to transform the business from a passive infrastructure leasing company into an advance digital services provider. Since then, SPTel has launched several key services into the market such as Software Defined Network (SDN), IOTaaS, Edge Computing, Managed Services and Enterprise Mobility.
- Lead role to develop SPTel’s Cloud and Edge Cloud Strategy.
- Design, deploy, install, provision, troubleshoot, and report for all OpenStack, VMware & Hyper V infrastructure and related Cloud services
- Develop and test Open Virtualization Tools, CI/CD Tools and DevOps capabilities
- Develop and implement maintenance plans and activities for Cloud infrastructure including: application of fixes, security patches and upgrades, capacity increases and other Cloud related maintenance
- Provide advanced technical and engineering support to both internal groups and customers
- Assist cross functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification
- Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for service improvements; diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for application, hardware, network, and operating system issues
- Support project quality assurance activities; and adhere to proper escalation and change control procedures.
- Knowledge of all NFV/ infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and open source packages and solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS); infrastructure management tools and monitoring tools; solution sizing for hardware/software platforms; industry standard security requirements and designs.
- Ability to develop and write technical documentation; evaluate and test emerging technologies.
- Individual must know how to put in a system, operationalize it, minimal downtime, bring engineering perspective/thought leadership.
- Forward thinking on tech, keeping current with best practices and industry trend.
- Good understanding of Public Cloud , Hybrid Cloud configuration, diversity across platforms.
- Strong network understanding, can write fire wall rules, source destination, port, understanding a 3 tier network.
- 8 – 10 Years of experience, with Degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant field preferred.