This role has responsibility for the design, planning and implementation of SPTel’s IOT, GPON and DWDM network infrastructure
Network Planning / Implementation
- Development and enhancement of network design; planning and execution milestones; network costing planned according to budget
- Network planning to include both transmission and IP layers
- Network should be diverse, secure, resilient and scalable
- Network should also leverage the latest technologies (such as SDN) where possible to differentiate from existing networks
- Customer-oriented: Quality and timely rollout of infrastructure according to business plan
- Network should meet specified SLAs in terms of performance, availability, etc
- Design, plan and implement IoT Platform-as-a-Service, Multi-access Edge Cloud (MEC)
- Use of relevant wireless technologies not limited to WiFi, LoRaWAN, 4G/5G to expand SPTel’s network reach
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 5 years of working experience with minimum 5 years working in the telecom industry.
- Deep hands-on experience in designing, implementing and/or operating a telecom service provider fixed network.
- Experience in applying SDN and other more recent network related technologies
- Knowledge of Systems and Software, not limited to System hardware, OS, Hypervisors, Kubernetes, RESTful API.
- Competence in RF technologies and planning, not limited to IoT, WiFi, 4G/5G will be an advantage
- Good analytical, problem-solving, communication and people management skills.