SPTel is a joint venture between ST Engineering and SP Group and since 2017, SPTel has embarked on a journey to transform the business from a passive infrastructure leasing company into an advance digital services provider. Since then, SPTel has launched several key services into the market such as Software Defined Network (SDN), IOTaaS, Edge Computing, Managed Services and Enterprise Mobility.
- This role has responsibility to lead a team in the design, planning, development and implementation of SPTel’s IOT Platform-as-a-Service, leading a team to support Customers’ IOT Projects.
- The successful candidate is expected to provide leadership in driving SPTel’s IOT roadmap, strong in working with industry experts and alliances, enjoys working with customers to build new IOT applications to solve problems and improve productivity or enrich customers’
IOT Engineering Planning
- Design, plan, develop and implement SPTel’s IoT Platform-as-a-Service and Multi-access Edge Cloud (MEC)
- Incorporate High Availability and Security design
- Radio Planning, Simulation and Field Validation for IOT coverage
- Use of relevant wireless technologies not limited to WiFi, LoRaWAN, 4G/5G to expand SPTel’s network reach
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 5 years of working experience with minimum 5 years working in the telecom or related industry.
- Deep hands-on experience in designing, implementing and/or operating a telecom service provider fixed network.
- Knowledge of Systems and Software, not limited to System hardware, OS, Hypervisors, Kubernetes, RESTful API etc.
- Competence in RF technologies and planning, especially LoRaWAN. Knowledge of other radio technologies such as IoT, WiFi, 4G/5G will be an advantage
- Good analytical, problem-solving, communication and people management skills.
- Financial Budgeting and Forecasting