ST Engineering is a MNC with a global network of subsidiaries and associated companies that spans Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the U.S. They own a controlling stake in SPTel, a joint venture with SP Group, and are looking to accelerate the expansion of this strategic asset.
SPTel is a Business Class Digital Services provider that promises:
- Fully digitalised processes, enabling on demand provisioning of services such as Bandwidth and cyber security
- Business Grade connectivity standards that include <1ms ultra low latency performance and clean-pipe connectivity as a default
- True network diversity for improved reliability with unique fibre pathways and facilities that are physically separate from incumbent telcos
- Innovative services such as IoT-a-a-S and Edge Cloud computing
We are well recognised in the industry clinching numerous awards for our cutting-edge telco services and have doubled our customer base annually in the last 3 years. We were also featured in the CNA documentary “Home-Grown with a Digital Edge”.
These accolades and achievements are the result of us meticulously grooming a team of talents and specialists to be part of our exciting journey and we are looking to grow our team. If you are a skilled and driven individual, do join us as co-creators of the future of SPTel.
- Establish relationships with new customers and secure contracts with new customers that achieve assigned sales quotas and targets
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales, monitor service delivery and invoicing to customers.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as cold calling, door-to-door sales, face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and marketing activities. (Pure hunter role)
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and cost benefits of each.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Make presentations to senior management and decision makers
- Draft and deliver proposals
- Work with technical staff and product specialists where required to address customer requirements
- Develop and maintain sales and territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis
- Report on sales activity regularly.
- Keep detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions weekly.
- Provide forecasts on best case and most likely sales volumes monthly.
- Work with delivery teams to proactively address problems
- Cultivate strong relationships with third party and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers
- Work with product and marketing to plan and execute lead generation campaigns
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation
- Provide feedback to company management on win lose analysis, market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to develop improve sales tools
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
- Fresh Diploma/ITE holders in Engineering or related IT fields with a keen interest in the telecommunications industry
- Candidates who had done sales jobs on part-time/temp basis with proven track records in achieving sales targets would have an advantage.
- Familiar with telecom services like Dark Fiber, Lease lines, Ethernet, MPLS, Colocation, Cloud, SDN, NFV, and etc would have an advantage.
- Strong command of English and able to engage stakeholders
- Independent, Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Outgoing with good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative problem-solving skills