ST Engineering is a MNC with a global network of subsidiaries and associated companies that spans Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the U.S. They own a controlling stake in SPTel, a joint venture with SP Group, and are looking to accelerate the expansion of this strategic asset.
SPTel is a Business Class Digital Services provider that promises:
- Fully digitalised processes, enabling on demand provisioning of services such as Bandwidth and cyber security
- Business Grade connectivity standards that include <1ms ultra low latency performance and clean-pipe connectivity as a default
- True network diversity for improved reliability with unique fibre pathways and facilities that are physically separate from incumbent telcos
- Innovative services such as IoT-a-a-S and Edge Cloud computing
We are well recognised in the industry clinching numerous awards for our cutting-edge telco services and have doubled our customer base annually in the last 3 years. We were also featured in the CNA documentary “Home-Grown with a Digital Edge”.
These accolades and achievements are the result of us meticulously grooming a team of talents and specialists to be part of our exciting journey and we are looking to grow our team. If you are a skilled and driven individual, do join us as co-creators of the future of SPTel.
The candidate will be assigned duties and responsibilities within SPTel Integrated Operations Centre (IOC). He or she is responsible to perform surveillance of its network health and services and conduct technical troubleshooting, including taking the necessary actions to mitigate network issues and neutralize security incidents.
The candidate is required to support all incoming technical calls and handle customer trouble ticket creations, incident status update and ensure proper case closure.
- Monitor and proactively respond to network and service alarms/alerts to ensure that SPTel services are in good health.
- Support all incoming technical fault calls.
- Responsible to create and track trouble tickets to closure.
- Great team player and customer oriented with great emphasis on customer experience.
- Perform technical troubleshooting in accordance to established troubleshooting procedures.
- Elevate incidents to next level technical support or field dispatch, when a case is not resolved within predetermined timeframe, and according to established processes and procedures.
- Timely update of ticketing system with complete and accurate details.
- Prompt communication of incident status and update to respective parties.
- Assist in other operational tasks as requested.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent.
- Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply. Candidates with at least 3 years of technical support experience in a NOC/SOC environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Fibre, Transport and IP Network providing Metro-E, DWDM, TCP/IP and/or cyber-security services.
- Good analytical skills with hands on experience of various OSS platforms and Network Management System (NMS) to manage the network.
- Good communications skill with pleasant personality and experience in customer service.
- Technical certification such as Certified IP Associate (CIPA), Certified IP Engineer (CIPE), COMPTIA Security+, CEH, etc.
- Shift work is required for this position.
- Only Singaporeans may apply.