ST Engineering is a MNC with a global network of subsidiaries and associated companies that spans Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the U.S. They own a controlling stake in SPTel, a joint venture with SP Group, and are looking to accelerate the expansion of this strategic asset.
SPTel is a Business Class Digital Services provider that promises:
- Fully digitalised processes, enabling on demand provisioning of services such as Bandwidth and cyber security
- Business Grade connectivity standards that include <1ms ultra low latency performance and clean-pipe connectivity as a default
- True network diversity for improved reliability with unique fibre pathways and facilities that are physically separate from incumbent telcos
- Innovative services such as IoT-a-a-S and Edge Cloud computing
We are well recognised in the industry clinching numerous awards for our cutting-edge telco services and have doubled our customer base annually in the last 3 years. We were also featured in the CNA documentary “Home-Grown with a Digital Edge”.
These accolades and achievements are the result of us meticulously grooming a team of talents and specialists to be part of our exciting journey and we are looking to grow our team. If you are a skilled and driven individual, do join us as co-creators of the future of SPTel.
Responsible for facilities operations including maintaining uptime and operations of facilities to ensure that business and operational needs are carried out smoothly and in support of business plan and growth.
- Manage the maintenance and daily operations of SP Tel’s data center and network node facilities with the objective of achieving uninterrupted availability at all time and to ensure the fulfilment of our service commitment to customers.
- To perform facilities activities such as critical system checks and functional testing. Ability to respond and take actions in response to facilities crisis management activities including power outages, fire alarms, HVAC outages.
- Assist in all site construction activities and installation, in coordination with external contractors to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operation standard.
- Maintain compliance with local workplace safety & health (WHS) standards and local electrical codes.
- Ensure adherence to all standard operating procedure (SOP) and method of procedures (MOP)
- Participate in the scheduling, coordination and completion all significant planned and emergency maintenance events for the facilities. Ensuring activities are executed in a controlled and proven method.
- To get the space and power needed including documentation and approval for SP Tel network requirement and co-location service.
- Provide escort to 3rd parties for access into SP Substation.
- Perform standby duty so that SP Tel could meet the committed SLAs for the various services.
- Perform task assigned by the line supervisor in charge.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Service for provision data of center services including colocation, connectivity and any value-added services subscribed by customers.
- University fresh graduate or equivalent in a related field.
- General technical and functional knowledge of electrical and/ or mechanical systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability.
- Highly motivated, result-orientated and dedicated person who initiates appropriate actions and strategies.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Work well under pressure and fast- paced with differing levels of people.
- Ability to plan and organize ones work to meet target set.
- Strong team player and capable in promoting positive peer engagement.
- Strong interests in tracking on current and latest technologies in a related field.