SPTel is a joint venture between ST Engineering and SP Group and since 2017, SPTel has embarked on a journey to transform the business from a passive infrastructure leasing company into an advance digital services provider. Since then, SPTel has launched several key services into the market such as Software Defined Network (SDN), IOTaaS, Edge Computing, Managed Services and Enterprise Mobility.
Responsible for the day-to-day facilities operations support including Data Centre operations to meet business needs. As the subject matter expert, is required to lead, manage and maintenance for all facilities and adopt new technologies to improve facilities system and facilities capability.
- Responsible for the maintenance of SPTel facilities
- UPS systems
- Cooling Systems
- Fire alarm and FM200
- Alarm sensors on temp, Fire Alarm Panel, Door Access, water leakage, UPS.
- Manage contractors for preventive maintenance and recovery
- Work with Vendors and Internal support to constantly improve our Smart Facility concept and to be able to demo the features to visitors and customers.
- Leading a team of staff to execute key job tasks which include but not limited to
- Managing access submission and maintaining the list of staff and contractors for security clearance to substations
- Conduct periodic review on the access list to ensure its up to date.
- Updating the SMART Facility Access list (Facial and thumb print) for staff that requires accessing substations.
- Manage and plan for space allocation to maximize the usage of floor space in all the facilities
- Ensure timely submission of billings through Work Order System and SAP to ensure no late charges is incurred.
- Submission of technical proposals to SPPG for the use of substation space.
- Degree in Engineering or related field with minimum 5 years of experience in network facilities management or Data Centre facility management
- Possessunderstanding of Facility management and M&E including Electrical HT/LT, AC/DC power, UPS System, Fire Alarm System, FM200 Systems, CRAC, Water detection System etc.
- Skilled in physical security management and systems
- Understanding the IMDA COPIF will be an advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of people
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications.
- Ability to plan and organize ones work in-order to meet target set
- Results focused and understands critically the needs of meeting customer SLA and KPI requirement