ST Engineering is a MNC with a global network of subsidiaries and associated companies that spans Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the U.S. They own a controlling stake in SPTel, a joint venture with SP Group, and are looking to accelerate the expansion of this strategic asset.
SPTel is a Business Class Digital Services provider that promises:
- Fully digitalised processes, enabling on demand provisioning of services such as Bandwidth and cyber security
- Business Grade connectivity standards that include <1ms ultra low latency performance and clean-pipe connectivity as a default
- True network diversity for improved reliability with unique fibre pathways and facilities that are physically separate from incumbent telcos
- Innovative services such as IoT-a-a-S and Edge Cloud computing
We are well recognised in the industry clinching numerous awards for our cutting-edge telco services and have doubled our customer base annually in the last 3 years. We were also featured in the CNA documentary “Home-Grown with a Digital Edge”.
These accolades and achievements are the result of us meticulously grooming a team of talents and specialists to be part of our exciting journey and we are looking to grow our team. If you are a skilled and driven individual, do join us as co-creators of the future of SPTel.
We are looking for aspiring software developers to join our dynamic team. Both frontend and backend roles are available.
- Responsible for the design, deployment, installation, provisioning, troubleshooting, and reporting for the Openstack based cloud infrastructure and related Cloud services.
- Develop/test Open Virtualization Tool Integration
- Develop and implement maintenance plans and activities for Cloud infrastructure including application of fixes, security patches and upgrades, capacity increases and other Cloud related maintenance
- Provide advanced technical and engineering support to both internal groups and customers
- Assist cross functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification
- Evaluate and analyse systems, performance, issues, and metrics in order to provide recommendations for service improvements; diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for application, hardware, network, and operating system issues
- Support project quality assurance activities: and adhere to proper escalation and change control procedures.
- Understanding of NFV, ETSI, SD-WAN & SDN frameworks.
- Knowledge in virtualization, cloud & converged infrastructure technologies
- Knowledge in Openstack based NFV/ infrastructure.
- Knowledge in containers and container orchestration like Kubernetes.
- Infrastructure as a code
- Knowledge in NFV orchestration solutions.
- Knowledge in scripting in python & APIs are preferred.
- Knowledge in TOSCA data modelling to orchestrate NFV
- Knowledge in modern data center networking.
- High level Knowledge in SDN, SD-WAN solutions like Nuage, contrail , Velocloud etc.
- Knowledge in opensource cloud monitoring platforms like Zabbix, Prometheus etc .
- Knowledge in ELK log management system.
- Automation experience with configuration managements tools like Ansible, chef, puppet etc.
- Ability to develop and write technical documentation; evaluate and test emerging technologies.
- Individual must know how to put in a system, operationalize it, minimal downtime, bring engineering perspective/thought leadership.
- Forward thinking on tech, keeping current with best practices and industry trend.
- Good understanding of cloud, Hybrid configuration, diversity across platforms.
- 3 – 6 Years of experience, with Degree in IT, Computer Science, or relevant field preferred.
- Entry level candidates who are keen in the telecommunications industry are welcomed to apply.