The Executive, bid and commercial will be responsible for leading and coordinating the bid response. To do this effectively you will need to work closely with sales and the solutions manager, liaise with other teams and stake holders to ensure submissions are made on time and to the required quality. You will assemble a bid team with sales and solution manager together with service/ product/ finance/ engineering/ operation/support team with relevant knowledge to prepare for the winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end to end bid-process and the competitiveness of the bid both commercially and technically. You will need to identify the key gaps and risk and to present to the management team in bid meeting.
In parallel, you will be required to introduce and constantly review the bid response process, governance, develop and maintain a knowledge base of ‘standard’ answers and templates, as well as identifying ways to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of the bid response process.
In additional, beyond the bid, you will be the commercial manager supporting the partnership and commercial arrangement with strategic partners. Applicants must have excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to understand technical concepts and tender questions then provide clear concise responses whilst working to tight deadlines and challenging targets.
- To manage all aspects of tender/bid submission, define the timelines and key milestones, joint bid qualification (bid go/no go) for new opportunities with relevant stakeholders
- Conduct the tender briefing to the key stakeholders in collaboration with the sales on the bid strategy and assign the required task to the respective owners
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of the bid ensuring that other stakeholders provide information on time in response to customer’s requirements, specification and compliances
- Compile, review and revise documents submitted by others and coordinate the preparation of those materials in a completed bid document
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the tender, ensuring all services are included in the final price and submission
- Drive the response to the tender/bid clarification with customers and the post tender evaluation with internal team
- Constantly review the bid response process, governance, develop and maintain a knowledge base of ‘standard’ answers and templates, as well as identifying ways to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of the bid response process.
- Develop a set of standard templates for less complex bids Management of all aspects of the bid process to ensure deadlines are met
- To drive commercial arrangement with strategic partners
- Degree Holder in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Training will be provided
- Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills
- Have the ability to manage complex, multi-worksteam opportunities.
- Able to work on tight timescales particularly when developing proposals and bid response
- Team and action oriented; proactive in prioritising own workload and assigned areas of responsibility to others
- Able to influence assertively to get results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and familiar with contract management
- Familiar with Gebiz tender process would be an advantage
- Entry level candidates are welcome to apply