ST Engineering is a MNC with a global network of subsidiaries and associated companies that spans Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the U.S. They own a controlling stake in SPTel, a joint venture with SP Group, and are looking to accelerate the expansion of this strategic asset.
SPTel is a Business Class Digital Services provider that promises:
- Fully digitalised processes, enabling on demand provisioning of services such as Bandwidth and cyber security
- Business Grade connectivity standards that include <1ms ultra low latency performance and clean-pipe connectivity as a default
- True network diversity for improved reliability with unique fibre pathways and facilities that are physically separate from incumbent telcos
- Innovative services such as IoT-a-a-S and Edge Cloud computing
We are well recognised in the industry clinching numerous awards for our cutting-edge telco services and have doubled our customer base annually in the last 3 years. We were also featured in the CNA documentary “Home-Grown with a Digital Edge”.
These accolades and achievements are the result of us meticulously grooming a team of talents and specialists to be part of our exciting journey and we are looking to grow our team. If you are a skilled and driven individual, do join us as co-creators of the future of SPTel.
Responsible for driving operational excellence at SPTel through framework, process and digitalization.
- Develop and Maintain Framework & Processes
- To develop the framework, process and SOP for network operation, service delivery and service assurance for all services offered in order to achieve better efficiency, effectiveness and economical value.
- To define the process, policy and the guidelines for network operation that cover network facilities, fiber laying, service provisioning, O&M, service assurance, NOC and SOC
- To define the process and procedure for service provisioning and delivery in meeting the agreed service level agreement for existing and new products/services. Provisioning and delivery services include circuit design and planning, project management, data centers/MDF/in-building work execution, field engineering dispatches and hand-over of the services offered by company to customers.
- To define the O&M process and procedure for existing systems and products/services to achieve better respond time and shorter time for fault isolation, restoration and rectification
- To define the process and procedure for all network changes via the Network Change Request process minimizing disturbance to customers or cutting down unnecessary network changes, which could increase possibility of service interruption.
- To keep track of the processes and SOP developed in a centralized knowledge database.
- Operational Performance Monitoring
- To work with stakeholders to produce reports on service delivery and service assurance performance for management information and analysis as well as for reporting to any relevant parties including customers and governing authorities.
- Conduct regular Operations Self Audit and maintain regular Operations Excellence Dashboard to report on compliance and KPI/SLA performance
- To assist in tracking Capex and Opex and running of cadence required by Heads of Ops & CE.
- Process Improvements & Digitalisation
- Constantly review and work on reducing operating cost through higher productivity, the use of digital tools and streamlining of resources and processes
- Identify area of improvements through audits, gap analysis and incident post-mortem exercises
- Ideate and provide digitalization solutions to optimize and automate the operational processes and procedure where possible to enable agility and scalability for growth
- Lead the transition of operational processes onto new BSS/OSS platform and streamline existing processes as the future mode of operations
- Degree in Engineering or Telecommunication or related discipline
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5-10yrs experience in telecom sector with strong technical knowledge in fixed network
- Experience developing operational processes and standard operation procedures especially in the telecom sector
- Experience in network provisioning processes, network fault and performance management
- Experience in programming, application development and database management will be preferred
- Knowledge in BSS/OSS system especially in the telecom sector
- Knowledge in digitalisation tools such as Office 365 productivity tools and Microsoft Power Platforms (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI)
- Candidate must have strong capabilities with documentations and eyes for details
- Candidate should have knowledge in industrial best practices in the telecom sector
- Candidate should have a sociable personality and good collaborative traits to work with the stakeholders