SPTel is a joint venture between ST Engineering and SP Group and since 2017, SPTel has embarked on a journey to transform the business from a passive infrastructure leasing company into an advance digital services provider. Since then, SPTel has launched several key services into the market such as Software Defined Network (SDN), IOTaaS, Edge Computing, Managed Services and Enterprise Mobility.
About the Role
As part of our next leap of growth, we are currently searching for a Business Planner to support the Director of Business Operations, Strategy and Regulatory (part of the CEO Office) in the areas of business planning, management reporting and strategy.
This role allows candidates to have an enterprise level view of the business at large, exposure to senior management and opportunity to understand the end-to-end business value chain through cross-functional interactions.
To be successful in the role, the candidate must be comfortable working with numbers and huge datasets, and most likely be proficient in Microsoft Excel, SFDC and visualization tools such as Power BI. The role would also require excellent business writing skills and some fundamental financial knowledge. The candidate should also have displayed the ability to galvanize and work with peers, counterparts and even senior leaders in either professional or personal settings.
Business Cadence & Management Reporting
- Work closely with Sales Operations, Delivery Operations and Product Houses to gather accurate information for revenue forecasting and syndication.
- Work closely with sales operations to track funnel growth and movements in SFDC.
- Support Director in development of models used for business planning, forecasting and leveraging on BI tools for dashboarding.
- Prepare and maintain dashboards for the reporting of key performance metrics, including but not limited to revenue and Management KPIs.
- Support the director in the consolidation of Monthly Business Review inputs from respective HODs.
- Assist the Director in the consolidation of information for submission of industry surveys and government required information.
Strategy & Business Planning
- Support SPTel’s strategy development sessions, KPI setting, Sales Targets setting and Annual Budgeting discussions in terms of logistics and content consolidation / development.
- Consolidation of progress updates from respective track leaders and logistical support for strategy review sessions.
Key Corporate Initiatives
- Perform tracking / participate in corporate initiatives such as the SPTel Innovation Program – an incubation program for innovative ideas aimed at enhancing SPTel’s fundamentals.
- Execute the Enterprise Risk Management Framework that includes arranging for risk identification and assessment forums, and subsequent tracking of risk responses and outstanding actions.
- Kick start cross-functional Sustainability Reporting with the support from the respective departments involved.
Other Adhoc Tasks & Administration
- Assisting to coordinate key engagement with external parties driven by the Director such as visits by regulators.
- Support company events through working closely with the People Engagement Executive.
As the working environment is like a start-up, the candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and lean environment. As the organization is in the high growth stage, the candidate must have the motivation and willingness to learn, and to step up when the situation arises.
The candidate is also expected to support key corporate events such as Board Meetings, Leaders Forums, Strategy Planning, Townhalls and other company events.
While prior working experience in the Telco / ICT industry is preferred, this role is open to aspiring entry level candidates with good degrees (1st class or 2nd upper class), who are looking for a good exposure to the ICT industry, while having the drive and willingness to be coached / taught the ropes of the business.
Please note that shortlisted candidates would be required to pass a short amplitude test in terms of business writing and Microsoft excel skills before going to the actual interview stage.